Monday 4 January 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy~

Happy New Year!!~ Can't believe it's 2010 already, gawd. To celebrate, have a Shuppin new year wallpaper I drew up when I should've been working, hurhur.


[800x600 ~ 1024 x 768 ~ 1280 x 800]

In other news, I've managed to actually get a decent amount done for once, mainly things I wasn't actually planning on putting into the game in the first place, but hey. It's generally feeling far more like a 'game' than a cut-down visual novel now, so that's something.

New features:
  • New shopping / clothing system - you can now actually earn money from each of the four in-game jobs (though not very much - life is hard in the Lucky Rabbit universe, it seems. Balanced gameplay is hard!), go shopping on weekends and put together outfits in four different styles.
  • To go with this, Nkem, manager of the fashion boutique Tide, posts an online blog once a month showing which types of clothing and colours are in style at the moment. Boys will now comment on these things before each date, and each boy has a specific style they particularly like. So... yeah.
  • New email system - characters can now send the player emails after various events. Isn't really very useful, but I liked that feature in other dating sims, and it saves me having to make an uninteresting event for every little bit of information I want to give the player, so it works out.
So yeah. Actually got a huge amount done for once! Unfortunately, I'll be out of commission for at least the next month or so - I'll be forcing myself to take a hiatus from development, as I have a crazy amount of work I should be doing for uni (translations and dissertations, oh god), and should probably, y'know, actually do some of it. Wish me luck~!






Image spaaaaam~ (sorry about that! I'll figure out how to post these things properly one of these days...)

5 comments:

  1. This looks more and more fun every time you post an update!
    I'm eager to play this *-*
    EAGER!
    xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! Hopefully I'll actually get it done at some point this year! :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scot, this thing looks fantastic! So much customization, and wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaaah, you've been playing TokiMemo Girl's Side haven't you? I love that game so much (even though I can't understand a word of what the guys are actually saying). I seriously want to hug you right now, as I've been watching this game ever since you posted the thread on Ren'Ai, and you've stayed so committed for so long. Good luck ^^~

    (Ps; Happy late one year anniversary of devving)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - is it that obvious? ;D Thanks very much for the encouragement! Hopefully having come this far, I'll be able to stick with it until it's completed (later this year, fingers crossed!)
    (And heh, thanks! Doesn't seem like it's been that long, tbh!)

    ReplyDelete